On the West Coast of the South Island
There are many activities within a short distance of "Pininoa".
Ideal relaxing stopover or stay for two nights, enjoy the country ambience and make an easy day trip to .........
- Great Fishing Areas in nearby rivers & Lakes
- Arthur’s Pass Alpine Village & National Park
- Punakaiki and the Blow Holes on the Wild West Coast
- On Yer Bike – 4 wheel off road motor bikes
- Shantytown – replica of an historic West Coast town
- Gold Panning & Jade fossicking
- Jet Boat excursions on Grey River
- Reefton - An historic inland town
- Historic Brunner mine site
- Monteith’s Brewery tours
For the more adventurous we can recommend a days drive, with a round trip up the Grey Valley, through the mighty Buller Gorge to the Tasman sea, drive along the coastal highway, visiting The Pancake Rocks at Punakaiki, on your way back to Pininoa for dinner
Hunt for greenstone or gold; enjoy a leisurely lunch at one of the restaurants overlooking the Tasman Sea & back to Greymouth for dinner.
Another delightful days drive is through the Otira Gorge, over the Viaduct, enjoy lunch at Arthur’s Pass then return through the Southern Alps to have a swim or fish at Lake Brunner on your way back to the Chalet for dinner.
Lew enjoys helping our guests plan their days & he has a vast knowledge of the area & can help, whether you are an energetic hiker, an explorer, or enjoy a more leisurely day, sight seeing.